How to seek help from the Members Benevolent Fund
The MBF is able to assist:
- Past and present members of the CSP experiencing unforeseen hardship or financial difficulties.
- To be eligible for funding, members must have been a subscribing member of the CSP for two years (six months for students). However, we are a caring profession and want to make sure that we look after our members in their time of need. Therefore, discretion can be used in exceptional circumstances.
- Those who cease to be members, for example, retired physiotherapy and associate members are also eligible for support.
- Previous student members will be eligible provided they complete their study, qualified as a physiotherapist, and work in the UK.
- Previous qualified or associate members, who no longer work within physiotherapy, are eligible for support for up to 5 years following the ending of their membership.
Please ensure that you have investigated other sources of assistance, e.g. State Benefits, before applying to the CSP MBF.
Please note that the CSP MBF is UNABLE to assist with:
- A shortfall in income/expenditure due to consumer debts such as credit cards and loans
- Awards for educational purposes
- Awards to support family members in the UK or overseas
For more information or to discuss your application with someone, please call 03306 780 655.
Our lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
WE CAN ACCEPT THIS FORM ELECTRONICALLY AND THROUGH THE POST
If you would like to complete the form electronically, please save the document and send it as an attachment to email@example.com.
If you would like to complete the form on paper, please print it out and send via the postal system to:
Postal Address: CSP MBF, PO Box 17425, Sutton Coldfield, B73 7DY
- Applications for gifts and grants are dealt with in complete confidence and details given are not revealed outside the membership of the MBF committee.
- The criteria for assessing need and eligibility are in line with guidance from the Department of Work and Pensions and UK charity law and, as such, the fund is unable to repay debt.
- Access CSP plus (log-in to CSP website required) - discounts and deals on good and services like insurance, cinema tickets etc
- In confidence discussion of problems and issues - contact us using the below details
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy no longer provides administrative support to the Members' Benevolent Fund and all calls and emails should be directed to Auriga Services.
Telephone number: 03306 780 655.
For Administration & general information - e.g. Gift Aid envelopes, MBF presence at a conference or anything NOT related to an application, please contact MBFAdmin@cspmbf.org.uk